Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
Mission, Vision, Values
Applying is easy! We have an open-admission policy, which means if you have a high school diploma or its equivalent, you’re in and we can’t wait to see you in the halls.
SCC serves our community by focusing on academic excellence, student success, workforce advancement, and life-long learning within a global society. We celebrate diversity and we enrich the economic and cultural vitality of the region by providing an accessible, comprehensive, and supportive environment for teaching and learning.
Our passion for student success is reflected in an array of innovative academic, career/technical, workforce development, and community programs. Our partnerships and cultural opportunities enrich and transform our community.
Student Success: We commit to provide the finest instruction, resources, and support services to enhance the growth and development of our students.
Communication and Respect: We value respect and encourage open communication within the college community.
Service: We engage, support, and seek to inspire our students, community, and colleagues through our commitment to providing excellent service.
Innovation: We pursue innovative approaches to enhance teaching, document student learning, and improve operations.
Inclusion: We maintain an environment where diversity of thought is embraced, and where student, staff, faculty, and community diversity is supported.
Collaborative Decision Making: We seek diversity of thought in making informed decisions.
Accountability and Responsible Stewardship: We protect and manage the resources entrusted to us.
Learning for Life: We recognize learning as a continuous process
- Student Success: Better serving our students and community through improving educational and institutional practices.
- Developing Our People: Enabling faculty, staff and administration to practice their profession at the highest standards by maintaining an environment for continuous learning, inclusion and growth.
- Accountability: Promoting a data-informed, purpose-driven culture of responsibility and professionalism to meet the goals of the College by being good stewards of campus resources and utilizing assessment results for continual improvement.
- Innovation: Developing and leveraging entrepreneurial strategies and outreach with community partners in line with the college mission to increase enrollment and become more fiscally self-reliant.
- Diversity: Developing strategies to ensure inclusivity, equity and social justice for students, faculty, staff and the community.