Recently Visited Pages
Take advantage of this at-a-glance look at the pages on the SCC website you most often visit. Use this as a tool to navigate quickly to info you need the most. Take it one step further and click the star in the top right corner to ensure your favorite pages remain on your list of Visited Pages.
ACE Tutoring Center. We're here to help.
The ACE Tutoring Center is your best friend at SCC. Whenever you feel like you're struggling with your classes – come by and see us. We’ll help you uncover all of the tools and techniques you need to succeed.
The ACE Tutoring Center exists to promote meaningful student learning and academic development in a diverse world through awareness of each student’s context, learning style, and socio-cultural background. Tutors support student success through empowering students to achieve the best educational experience possible by implementing various learning resources and modes.
Whether you’ve got concerns about math, science, or writing, we can help you get back on track.
ACE Tutoring Center conducts both online and face-to-face tutoring sessions by appointment and walk-in, if availability allows.
Our tutoring services are offered in person and via zoom.
You can schedule your tutoring sessions with our ACE Center Staff in one of the following ways:
- Call 636-922-8444 and speak directly to our Office Assistant to schedule a tutoring session. Messages will be returned as soon as possible.
- Stop by the Library and see us in person to schedule a tutoring session (we have snacks!)
- Click the link to schedule your in person or virtual tutoring session: ACE Tutoring Center Online Appointment Scheduling
If you have additional tutoring needs, be sure to check out NetTutor, a fully online tutoring service. You will find a direct link to NetTutor in your courses in Canvas.
- Tutoring sessions typically last 30 minutes but may be shorter or longer depending on the services provided.
- Students can schedule up to four 30-minute sessions per week per class or up to 2 hours of tutoring service per week per class.
- Students are encouraged to bring their SCC ID or be able to retrieve their SCC student ID number.
We encourage students to utilize virtual sessions whenever possible during these uncertain times, but face-to-face appointments are available. For important details about these services, please read on.
For the safety of you and the staff, please note the following procedures:
- Appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are provided, when available.
- You are welcome to wear a mask during your session. Your tutor will also wear a mask upon request.
- It is recommended to bring your own fully powered device.
Once your appointment is booked, you will connect at your scheduled time via Zoom software.
Joining Your Tutoring Session
- Find the link for your tutoring session in your SCC email.
- Make sure to close other software applications that are not needed for tutoring. No other video conferencing tools (like Skype) can be open while using the tutoring platform.
- If you are having problems connecting to your session, try exiting out, wait a few minutes, and then try the link again.
- Contact the ACE Tutoring Center at 636-922-8444 for additional help.
SCC has partnered with NetTutor to offer students free online tutoring for their courses. Students can click on the NetTutor link from the course menu in any of their Canvas courses to access NetTutor where they can connect with a live tutor, schedule a meeting with a tutor, drop off a question, or drop off a paper for review. When meeting with a tutor or dropping off a question or paper, always provide the details of your assignment instructions so the tutor is able to help you more effectively.
- Computers are available in the Library.
- Additional resources such as textbooks and anatomical models are available for check out in the ACE Tutoring Center.
If a concept isn’t “clicking” for you, then studying can be fruitless no matter how much time you spend on it. Don’t worry, there’s still hope. We’ll help you break down the core elements of the problems you’re dealing with and make sure you’re not just studying, but studying the right way.
Our science specialists want to see you succeed. We review important concepts with you and help you visualize them by using models and resources found at the ACE Center. Our team strives to break down complicated course material into understandable information.
At the ACE Tutoring Center we’ll look at both the “big picture” things you can do to make your essay better—your flow, thesis statement, and main ideas—and we’ll also help you self-edit for grammar and formatting. We’ll help you learn to sort it out, just bring along your writing assignment and your assignment requirements.
Learning Resource Center (LRC)-1st floor
Office Phone Number